II.1
Banquo, Fleance and Macbeth are having a conversation. Banqou mentions that he dreamt of the witches last night, ‘I dreamt last night of the three Weird Sisters’. They leave and Macbeth has a soliloquy whilst he makes his way to Duncan’s chamber. He seems jumpy and frightened about everything including himself. He envisions an imaginary dagger, ‘I have thee not yet I still thee still’ proving how unsound he is.
II.2
Lady Macbeth and Macbeth console each other after Macbeth has murdered the king. Macbeth is deeply disturbed by what he has done although the Lady seems unfazed by it all. She goes to smear the blood over the other slain guards in order to frame them for the murder, yet even after her hands are covered with blood just like Macbeth's she still doesn't care, 'My hands are of your colour: but I shame to wear a heart so white'. They both retire to their chamber as there is a knocking coming from the door. 'I hear a knocking at the south entry: retire we to our chamber'
II.3
A porter enters the room followed by Macduff and Lennox, they have a fairly comical conversation. Macbeth enters. Macduff asks him about his day and then Macbeth shows him to the kings chamber. Lennox and Macbeth continue to have a conversation until Macduff re-enters after finding the King murdered, 'O horror, horror, horror'
Macbeth acts oblivious and ventures to see what is wrong with Lennox who is also horror stricken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment