Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Is Literature?

I believe that literature is whatever somebody interprets it to be, as long as it's some form of writing. Whether it is a novel, report or diary entry I think that it still counts as literature because someone has put thought or purpose behind the piece of writing and after all, isn't that all that literature is? A thought that has been written down in order for someone to read and think about themselves.

8 comments:

  1. So, is my shopping list I'm writing tonight a work of literature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thats true. if something is written in order to be read by others, and the readers can get some sort of borderline connection to what is written. then that is definately literature. your right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no because it was made for you rather then for others to read and think about :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you say about fiction, novels or a diary being a form of fiction. I think everyone has differant interpretations about what Literature is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with your point about a diary and fiction being classed as literature if some1 has put alot of thought in2 it for some1 else to read and connect to that it should be classed as literature :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping list- haha-
    I agree if its written to think about themselves- that someone can find something personal to relate it to then surely it must be literature...:)
    (FIGHT THE POWER :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha XD liking what don said lol but i dont agree with that literature can be anything that people interpret it to be, there is a line drawn that not everyone can see and i think that that line is buried and can't be found.

    ReplyDelete