After acting out act 1 scene 4 I feel I have a much better interpretation of what is happening. Macbeth and Banquo enter the Kings court after Malcolm informs the King of their trials and conquests in battle.
The king entitles Malcom as the Prince of Cumberland which Macbeth does not seem very enthralled about. After he says his farewells he plots aside about how he must 'o'erleap' the Prince because ' In his way it lies'. He tells the audience that he has 'black and deep desires', foreshadowing that something bad is going to happen.
I imagined that the scene took place in the royal palace, the Kings quarters. Every one was well dressed in usual rich old fashion and all of the cast bowed before the king, possibly kissing a ring on his hand whilst doing so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the way you establish Duncan as a good person. Does this make the murder that follows even more shocking for the audience? Good reference to language. Keep looking closely at language.
ReplyDelete